Monday, August 14, 2006

Dancing in Lake Huron

Just came back from Toronto and Lake Huron - had a fantastic time! Thanks again Erin and Mike - it was exactly what I needed before beginning my last week in Ottawa.
I now have a week to finish packing - well, I guess you need to start packing before you can finish. The airline scare and the 20kg limit have eliminated almost everything I own. And probably, if I could afford it, I'd leave with just a hand bag to carry essentials and then buy everything when I get there. I've been warned that Londoners may not appreciate the hoodie and puffy black vest: I think it is them who have never lived!
Saying goodbye seems like such daunting task - It is exausting even thinking about the emotional goodbyes. Seems so much easier just to pick up and go without telling a soul (don't worry, you all know when my flight is!) I'm starting to understand eloping. How do you tell someone how much they mean to you as you step onto an airplane and fly 5213.83km away from them? So here is my goodbye. Know that I love you all, and that I'll always be a westboro girl (yes - the westboro sweater is coming with me! And I can't leave behind my Sens hat) and you all mean so much to me and I'll miss you all - more than words can say. Drop me an email, I'll try and blog it up with pictures and maybe even send out a mass email every once in a while.
I'll be coming home next year... Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Yay blogging Hilary!

It was great to have you come up and you certainly made a difference to team Leftovers!

I love that picture (and the shadow kissing one).

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger erin said...

I was hoping on being the first to comment... but silly mike beat me to it!
Yay Team Leftovers - so glad you could join us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home